National Project Manager
May 13 – Oct 14 (fixed term contract)
- Leading £1.5m project as part of the Glasgow 2014 Cultural Programme and Scottish Government’s Commonwealth Games Legacy.
- Strategic engagement of 350+ partner organisations to create and service a national network of dance providers.
- Programme development, funding, commissioning, co-production and direct delivery of a national programme of events and audience development initiatives.
- PR and marketing planning and delivery (including website development). Managing freelance Publicist and Project Co-ordinator.
- Reporting, evaluation and liaison with Scottish Government, Creative Scotland and other partners.
Get Scotland Dancing aims to encourage more people to get active and participate in dance.
The 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and 2014 Commonwealth Games, provided an unparalleled opportunity to raise the profile of dance as a creative, participative and physical artform. In support of this Scottish Government policy, Creative Scotland committed £1.5million of National Lottery funding across a four year period, creating an inclusive celebration of dance across Scotland, linking into the wider UK and marking Scotland’s place in the world.